Your guide to choosing a dog grooming bath!
All pet owners enjoy sharing time with their pooch. It’s (for most parts -:) a fun experience. However, there’s a challenge that awaits us regularly – grooming and bath times.
Our top 5 Best Dog Grooming Baths
1. The Pedigroom stainless steel Professional grooming bath
- Height range from floor to bottom of bath – 35-70cm.
- Heavy duty stainless steel bath – built to last and won’t rust.
- Ideal for professional groomers and home use.
- Easy open door – just slide it to the side.
- Comes complete with its own grooming arm and 2 nooses to keep pets safe and secure.
2. The Mini Bath Tub by Pedigroom – Best Dog Baths for Home
- Made from high quality polypropylene plastic this pet bath is lightweight and ideal for use by both professional dog groomers and pet owners alike.
- Hooks enables pets to be securely fastened into it using a noose for their safety and comfort.
- Textured or skid-proof floor, meaning that pets won’t slip around.
- Strong aluminum legs for support
- Ideal for home use, or for professional groomers specialising in small or medium dogs. Ideal for terriers, French Bulldogs, Cocker Spaniels and Miniature Schnauzers.
3. Pedigroom Booster Bath With Ramp
- Ideal for bathing smaller pets
- Made from high quality polypropylene plastic this pet bath is lightweight and ideal for use by both professional dog groomers and pet owners alike
- Hooks enables pets to be securely fastened into it using a noose for their safety and comfort
- Textured or skid-proof floor, meaning that pets won’t slip around
- Strong aluminum legs for support
4. Karlie 31808 Doggy Pool
- Anti-slip coated floor
- Folds up for space-saving storage
- With a practical water drainage valve
- Measures 160 cm diameter by 30 cm height
- Available in red/blue colour
5. Kaka mall Doggy Pool
- 1. This swimming pet plastic paddling pool can be used as dog pool, dog bath bathing tub, outdoor water pond, fish pond at garden, outdoor, or indoor. Great and highly recommend for your dogs or other pets cat, rabbit, guinea pig.
- 2. Waterproof Swimming Pool for Dogs: Well made from extra-tough Aerated Gas-filled PVC and high quality MDF material, durable and safety, perfect dog toy or pet toy for your animal. Safey for your children or baby too.
- 3. Size: S: 31.49″x7.87″ Inch; Medium: 47.24″x11.81″ Inch, Large: 62.99″x11.81″ Inch; Enough large, for different size dogs or pets.
- 4. Foldable dog summer swimming cooling pool. Collapsible, save space. Keep your pets cool in summer.
- 5. Easy to use: Simply fill with water and open sealed drain to empty before storage or transportation. Easy to drain and takes up very little space when storing. Dog shower bath accessories.
Keep reading to find out more about each of the baths in our top 5!
Considerations when choosing your dog bath
Bathing and grooming your dog is often difficult, there’s always the risk of your pet going rogue. Most dogs will draw the line here, and forget how loyal they are as soon as they get the sense that you’re about to give them a bath!
No matter, bathing and grooming your canine regularly is essential. Thus, if your dog is particularly resistant to water, you’ll need tricks and tools up your sleeve to distract them long enough for grooming to take place when bath time arrives.
Choosing the correct grooming bath, is essential for regular baths and grooming, ensuring they’re easier and more fun.
And no, letting them lick themselves clean is not a suitable alternative to bath time.
Regular grooming and bath time comes with benefits for your dog too. These sessions usually become bonding moments with your pet.
Some of the benefits to be enjoyed by your dog from your grooming measures include;
- Removal of old hair – Getting your dog into the water is normally the hard part. The physical act of washing your dog, however, is rather fun for them. Bath times also help remove dirt, oil and old hair from your pet’s coat.
- Eye care – Dogs often develop crusts at the corner of their eyes. Such crusts lead to sore eyes that can cause great discomfort and eye injury. Getting rid of such crusts frequently is thus essential for proper eye care.
- Clean, neat nails – Grooming your dog regularly, you will notice and deal with dirty nails. Regularly trimming is beneficial for your K9. Long nails have been proven to cause problems as it forces them to walk on their pads. Causing pain and arthritis to hips, paws and legs.
- Tangled hair – This often causes the dog pain and discomfort when pulled. It also provides excellent breeding grounds for ticks, fleas and other skin conditions.
- Ear health – The inner parts of your dog’s ears is the perfect place for dirt and bacteria to hide. If not properly groomed, your dog’s ears run the risk of being infected or having inflammations.
You’ll save on costs by following a proper grooming schedule. Prevention has always been the better option right?
With regular baths and grooming, you will avoid visits to the vet’s and the high costs. Your dog will also, smell, look and feel much better with excellent health.
How to choose the right grooming bath tub
A good dog grooming tub will have various functions that make bath times more comfortable for both of you. Look for a tub with enough space to fit your dog comfortably.
Secondly, let the tub have a simple and effective grooming restraint. They never stand still and while in the tub, they will try to escape the bath by jumping or shuffling frequently. So, get a tub with quality restraints to minimise this.
Additionally, look for an elevated bathtub. It is better than just having a simple basin and you crouching on the floor with every bath session for your dog. A raised grooming bathing station will help you avoid back pain from all that back bending.
Features to Consider Before Purchasing a Dog Bath tub
Dog bathtubs are different and what might be good for a Chihuahua, might not be exactly appropriate for a German Shepherd or Bulldog. For this reason, careful consideration should always be given to a bathtub’s features to make sure they are in line with your dog’s grooming needs. Some of these features include;
The weight and the size of the dog washing station matters. Heavier canines need bigger and stronger bathtubs, a weaker one poses risks to safety. Accordingly, be sure to evaluate your puppy’s weight and confirm that it’s supported by the bathtub.
You might easily forget this but proper drainage offers conveniences during bath times. Even tubs meant for outdoor purposes have been found difficult to use when they lack a proper drain.
If you are living in an apartment or a smaller house with limited storage, dog baths that are easy to collapse and store will serve you well. These baths are easy to store and will cause minimal fuss.
This little feature is present in most dog grooming bath stations. When on a flexible tube, the nozzle will allow you to clean even the hard to reach parts of your dog. For such a feature, you will have to pay a little more.
It’s important for large breeds that are almost impossible to lift. If you have a giant canine, this will be a must-have feature. Consider features to help your dog getting in and out.
The type of flooring might make all the difference between whether your dog feels safe not. Look for a dog bathtub that has a lightweight slate that is non-slippery. It will make grooming your pet dog much easier.
What is Best Pet Bath Though?
There’s numerous options when it comes to dog bathing stations. From what customers and fellow pet owners have to say though, only a few stand out to get the job done nice and quick.
The following list of the top 5 best dog baths. Have a look at each, and don’t forget to read our Dog clippers guide, a good bath and clippers are essential for your dogs grooming health.
1. The Pedigroom “Stainless Steel” Pet Bath
This professional bath is for both home and professional dog grooming.
The professional dog grooming station has all the features needed to make bath times quick and easy and the stainless steel will ensure it lasts a lifetime. The absolute pinnacle of stainless steel dog bathing stations.
Additionally, the professional bathtub comes fitted with an opening door that slides ups and down with ease when it is time to bath your buddy.
No need to break your back either. This professional dog bathtub comes with an electric foot control to easily adjust the height.
2. Pedigroom Dog Bath
Pedigroom has designed this specifically to make bath times easier for smaller dogs. This is one of the best dog baths for home. It is the perfect companion for both pet owners and professional grooming experts alike.
This dog bathtub has hooks allowing for easy and secure attachment for a leash, making sure your dog remains safe and comfortable. The washing station, also, has a skid-proof floor that ensures pets don’t slip around and hurt themselves.
This dog bath by Pedigroom comes with strong aluminum legs that can reach up to 91 CM. You, thus, no longer have to lean over every time you need to bath your dog.
- The bath station is sturdy and with a non-slippery floor
- It is also easy to assemble
- Affordable price, representing great value for money
- The bath station comes with a limited adjustable height that might disadvantage some pet parents
Doggy Planet’s verdict: Great value for money!
3. Pedigroom Booster Bath With Ramp
Perfect if you’re looking for an elevated bath with a booster ramp.
4. Karlie Doggy Pool and Bathtub
We know, it’s another outdoor pool but it does deserve to be on this list for the hot weather fun it will provide for your dog. Regardless of the size of your pet, there is great fun to be had in jumping and splashing around in this tub and with a couple of balls to boot.
The manufacturer boasts that this doggy pool was built especially for hot days and it is quite strong and of durable material. The inner floor of the tub is made of anti-slip material and you can choose between a rectangular or circular shape.
The dog bathing system is, also, hygienic as it is easy to clean and can be collapsed and stored in minimal spaces when not in use. So, it is quite useful for dog owners with limited space.
5. Kaka Mall Multifunctional Dog Pool and Bathing Tub
Kaka Mall made this product to be multi-functional, and yes, it lives up to its high expectation. It can be used as either a dog wash basin or a dog pool.
It can, also, be used by other pets. It’s a safe and durable grooming outdoor dog bath tub.
The tub is easy to use too. Just fill the pool with water and open the drain seal to let off water when done. Three different sizes are available, depending on how big your dog is, or how many pets you intend to have in the pool at a go.
All in all, it’s important to remember that your dog will always consider you their best friend. As such, your dog will always be eager to connect with you – even bath times.
Making your dog’s baths fun and safe will have your dog looking forward to their baths and grooming. So purchasing one of the best dog grooming baths is vital.
So grab one of the five best dog baths above. They represent the best dog grooming baths available, making bath times more special and fun for the both of you.
Dog washing tips
Watch the YouTube video below, to see how you correctly wash your dog.