In 2018, with demanding jobs, family commitments and just the grinding style of life – finding time to walk your beloved dog may be difficult. Not to mention other variables such as horrible cold and rainy weather – not the best conditions to take your dog on a walk.
Never the less, your dogs health will be of the up-most importance to you, and this is where a dog treadmill can really help in assisting you keep your dog healthy and young at heart. It can also save you valuable down time at home with loved ones and friends.
Keep reading to find out more about each of the entries above!
Does my dog need a treadmill?
Only you can truly answer that question. You may think the idea sounds strange and expensive but it’s actually much more common and affordable than you’d initially think.
In some instances, a treadmill can literally save your dog’s life obesity in dogs is very common. In fact, obesity can result in very serious, potentially life-threatening health risks.
Some dogs lack the ability to exercise or their breed may be one that’s prone to retaining weight. Excess body fat effects many areas of your beloved pooch’s body including:
- Bones and joints
- Digestive organs
- Organs that help your dog breathe. Read more by clicking here.
The following are common scenarios where a dog and owner could benefit from the best dog treadmill.
- Your dog is overweight. This is probably the most obvious reason to purchase a treadmill. Regular exercise (either in conjunction with or as an alternative to walking outdoors) can result in weight loss and reducing risky unhealthy situations.
- You work long hours. If you’re working all the hours available in a day and then taking care of a family or other demanding situations, you just might not have the time to physically take your dog walking every day. A dog treadmill in this instance would make great sense.
- Dogs with lots of energy. Some dogs have lots of energy and when that energy isn’t put to good use, they become mischievous and destructive. A treadmill can be a great way of ensuring they don’t get bored.
- Miserable UK weather. Let’s face it, more often than not, the weather in the UK is horrible. It’s either cold and damp or wet and windy. Who wants their dog walking mud throughout their house? A treadmill is great for these bouts of weather 😉
Now that you’re helping your dog get fit and healthy, it’s also important to take care of their coat. Ensuring your dog is groomed correctly also helps with their health and well-being. Check out our extensive roundup of the very best dog clippers available today by clicking here.
We included clippers to suit all budgets and size of dog – we have reviewed corded and cordless.
dogPACER Minipacer Treadmill
Before we continue though, it needs to be noted that this dog treadmill is not suitable for larger breeds of dog. With that out of the way, here are the reasons why we absolutely love this dog treadmill.
You simply will not find a better treadmill for this money – it’s quite possibly the best thing you can purchase for the welfare of your much loved canine friends.
It’s silent, small and dogs love it. It ships with 3 modes that are all 30 minutes in length – the first program goes up to 3 MPH and programs 2 and 3 go up to 6 MPH, so as your dog gets fitter, the treadmill will accommodate them.
It also tracks calories, so you can easily monitor your dogs food intake and fat burning potential – for the scientists amongst us 🙂
Setup is also a breeze and it doesn’t take up a huge amount of space.
The best dog treadmill available on the market!
PANCHO'S GYM PG702 Treadmill
It has an incredibly low running platform meaning accessibility is very easy for your pooch, both in climbing on and off.
It is very, very quiet in operation and even comes with a wireless remote control, so you don’t have to stand over your dog the whole time they are on the treadmill.
It’s very well made and in our experience, it doesn’t intimidate your dog. It provides fantastic, low-impact exercise for your dog(s) and with the added remote control, you have ultra convenience.
PANCHO'S GYM PG702 Treadmill
It comes with can only be described as a cage, this is to guide your dog and keep them in place whilst on the treadmill.
What’s unique about this dog treadmill (aside from its bright yellow cage) is that not only does it come with a remote control, it also has a USB port and a speaker, so that you can play your favourite MP3 songs.
It also comes with front wheels making moving it around nice and easy.
OTHER FACTORS TO LOOK OUT FOR WHEN CHOOSING THE BEST DOG TREADMILL TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS
A dog treadmill can be a fantastic investment for you and your pet pooch. It will not only save you time but also help make your dog healthier. Before committing and purchasing a dog treadmill, it’s best to take several things into account.
- Your budget – as with anything, the price always plays an important part
- How much space do you have?
- How often will your dog use it?
- Make sure it has a range of programs to suit your dog
- Make sure it is certified to take your dogs weight
- Walls on a treadmill – sometimes they’re great for making dogs feel secure but some may find them claustrophobic
That concludes our roundup of the best dog clippers available today. If you think there are a set that deserve to be on this list – please let us know!
Watch the video below to see how to train your dog on the treadmill and burn off some fat and energy.