Introduction to Heated Dog Beds
Every Canine should have its own bed. A dog bed is not just a mere accessory, but a safe haven where your canine friend can enjoy the comfort, warmth, and
security they deserve.
A Heated bed provides warmth to your dog’s body keeping them comfy even on the cooler days. Dogs love the warmth and comfort that the best heated dog beds provide rather than the chilly, cold and hard floor.
Whatever your dog size or budget there will be something to meet your needs, keeping your dog comfy and cozy even on chilly days.
Here are the best heated dog beds available on the internet today to keep your dog warm, happy and cozy.
Advantages of Heated Dog Beds: Who Are They Best For?
Great For Seniors
Older dogs unfortunately cannot regulate their temperature quite as well as puppies and younger pups. And, just like older humans, older dogs suffer from joint pain and arthritis and the heat helps alleviate these symptoms.
Fantastic For Outdoor Dogs
Is your dog a guard dog? Spending lots of time outside protecting your perimeter? If this is your dog then they will benefit immeasurably from a heated dog bed.
Puppies Get Great Comfort
Although better at self regulating their temperature than older dogs, puppies still aren’t great at doing so. A heated bed will also give your pup that familiar feeling of cuddling with their litter.
Keep reading to find out more about each of the entries above!
Now that you’re helping your dog stay warm and snuggly, it’s also important to take care of their coat. Ensuring your dog is groomed correctly also helps with their health and well-being.
Check out our extensive roundup of the very best dog clippers available today.
We included clippers to suit all budgets and size of dog – we have reviewed corded and cordless.
K&H MANUFACTURING THERMO-SNUGGLY SLEEPER HEATED DOG BED
- A ideal pet bed for pets with hip dysplasia, arthritis or any other joint or pain problems
- Thermostatically controlled to warm directly under pet
- Uses only 6 W
- Removable heater, washable covers
- Comes with 3-pin UK plug and Euro plug adapter, CE approved
This amazing self heated dog bed is in designed in two sizes, both large and medium, well made to ensure that it meets your dog’s needs.
Dogs like to curl up, get comfortable and feel safe as they sleep. But as it is evident, they need more than just a little warm during cold long night’s sleep, since regular beds (especially when it comes to hairless or tiny dogs) just won’t suffice and that’s where the K&H Manufacturing Sleeper dog bed comes in.
This cozy indoor heated dog bed excels as a splendid example of an exceptional interior heated dog bed, with its soft neutral tones making it a great addition to any room without spoiling the aesthetics.
As far as Dog Beds go, this is an excellent one.
Dual Thermostatic Heaters
This electric bed features a dual thermostatic heater that softly warms up your dog to its natural temperature when in use, and automatically stabilizes the bed to a certain temperature when empty due to it being electric heated. Perfect for winter time and sleep time.
The lowered front of this electric bed allows for easier access even for shorter dogs. And since this electric heated bed utilises only six watts of electric power, you will be glad to know it won’t sent your electricity bill soaring.
Adding to the fact that the cushion and heater are removable for easy cleaning, the K&H Manufacturing Sleeper indeed is a winner for an indoor heated dog bed – you may want to check out its excellent reviews.
Moreover, this thermal electric bed comes with a year-long warranty, ensuring that if something happens within the first year of use you will be able to get it easily and quickly replaced.
K&H MANUFACTURING ELECTRIC HEATING LECTRO-SOFT BED
- Outdoor heated dog bed with soft orthopedic foam. Includes free fleece cover
- Thermostatically controlled to automatically respond to temperature changes to warm to your pet’s normal body temperature
- Ideal for sheds, garages, barns, or any sheltered area your outdoor pets hang out
- 5-1/2 feet steel wrapped cord and only 20 watts
- This heated dog pad has been tested & certified by MET Labs to exceed USA/CA electrical safety standards
If you have a canine who is more often outside in the cold (usually dogs of a larger size), K&H Manufacturing Lectro-Soft Outdoor Bed may just be what you are looking for. With over 2000 4 star and above reviews, it could be argued that this is the best heated dog bed available on the market today!
This fleece covered, rugged pad comes in three different sizes designed to perfectly fit your dog.
Alongside the differing sizes, the bed also comes in different variations made to offer additional features such as user-adjustable thermostats and igloo-style fleece cover.
These pads are tough, soft, and cozy making them a delight to your dog once they are acclimated to it. This will help with sleep time and nap time.
Moreover, the foam pad is made of orthopedic memory foam underneath its covers, making it a ridiculously comfortable pad your dog is sure to love.
The cover to the bed is machine washable, and therefore you will be able to clean off the plastic cover on the foam pad easily using just water and a sponge.
Cleaning and maintaining your dogs bed is incredibly important and this memory foam bed makes it nice and easy to do so.
It is however advised to be sure to let it fully dry before turning it back on. And like most of the K & H Manufacturing foam beds, the bed is covered by a one year warranty, allowing for easy replacement in the event of failure. Worthy of being ranked highly on our best heated dog bed list.
SNOOZER COZY DOG CAVE
While the Sheri Igloo might flair in innovation (see below), the Snoozer Cozy Dog Cave features more sizes and is particularly perfect especially for certain dog breeds that delight in burrowing under blankets.
The wide variety of Snoozer Cozy Dog Cave sizes mean that any dog breed will be able to comfily make itself at home within the confines of the bed.
The Snoozer Cozy Dog Cave comes is unique in design and available in a variety of colour schemes whether in a brown and white, or red and white, all are perfectly designed to fit in with your home décor, with an outstanding aesthetic and heartwarming appeal.
Especially with your furry companion poking its head form the cave to peek a look around. You won’t go wrong with one of these heated dog beds.
Moreover, the Snoozer Cozy Dog Cave is easily washable since the cover unzips, and thus you will be able to clean it when it gets soiled. And thanks to its faux-lambskin interior, you can stay assured that your dog will be both warm and comfortable while it lies down within.
BEST FRIENDS BY SHERI PET IGLOO
- ULTRA COZY FOR DEEPER REST: Whether your furry friend likes to burrow or he just prefers privacy, our small dog and cat igloo bed offers 360-degree coverage! Pets will enjoy having a sense of security while ultra-soft, self-warming luxurious faux fur fabric creates a welcoming atmosphere that couldn?t be cozier.
- SOFT AND DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Surprisingly flexible yet able to hold its shape, the foam construction makes this luxury cat bed strong and durable! Allowing pets to find a comfortable position means they?ll rest more peacefully. And when pets sleep better at night, they behave better during the day.
- DESIGNED FOR CONVENIENCE: With a removable pad insert for easy maintenance, you?ll love our kitten bed as much as your pet does! Lightweight and featuring a roof handle, you can effortlessly move it from room to room. Just be sure not to use the handle with your pet inside the bed.
- PET-SAFE MATERIALS: Snug luxurious faux fur and tough oxford fabric come together to create cat bedding that?s both pet-safe and easy to clean! The bottom of the igloo is WATERPROOF and dirt-resistant, making it floor-friendly. And because its machine washable and dryer safe, it helps minimize hair and odors.
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
The Best Friends by Sheri Pet Igloo is an innovative dog bed product with warming material made into a cozy dog cave which dogs love and is perfect for dogs which need a little privacy while resting.
Self Heated Bed
This self heating dog bed (meaning it doesn’t need to be plugged in like electric heating beds) comes in six appealing colours to choose from, one of which is sure to amicably fit in with your home décor.
The entire construction of the best friends by Sheri is made of a flexible but durable material designed to be long-lasting and is machine washable.
Made from Oxford fabric, the dog bed is water resistant and the floor pad is removable allowing for cleaning in the event of an accident or spill.
This self-heating and comfy dog cave are perfect for small and nervous furry companion who want to keep themselves warm in cooler months or cold nights using their own body heat.
On the downside, however, the Sheri Pet Igloo comes in only one size, but if it is the perfect fit for your dog, you may just have found the perfect remedy for your pet for freezing nights.
LOVING CARE ULTRA SUPREME HEATED DOG BEDS
- Loving Care Pet Products Ultra Supreme Nesting Style Pet Bed (XXL = 87cm L x 84cm W x 30cm H, GOLD, Black and Brown, Tan, Beige) Loving Care Pet Products All Soft Nesting Style Pet Bed. Fully Washable, Super Cozy, thermal qualities. 5 sizes and 6 colours to suit most pets and homes. NESTING Beds are meant to fit snuggly to give pets the nesting experience of their ancestors but PLEASE REVIEW IMPORTANT SIZING INFORMATION BELOW before making a purchase.
- SIZING: Please Know your Pet’s Weight and Measure your pet in its sleeping position. Consult OUR sizing chart and Picture Gallery. Please Pay attention to the INTERIOR dimensions of our beds. Our bed sizes do not equate to perceived dog sizes. (ie Medium Dog doesn’t necessarily mean Medium Bed. Dog sizes are in the eye of the beholder) IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHICH SIZE TO BUY, please CONTACT US with details about your pet (Breed,Sex,Weight) and We will ensure YOU GET THE CORRECT SIZE.
- INDOOR OR OUTDOOR. Exterior is Wind Moisture Resistant. Non-Slip Material on Bottom. Plush walls and Pillow over 3 inches thick. Cozy microfibre on one side and durable Polyester coated with DuPont Teflon on the other. Unique Channel Stitching keeps Cushioning and Fill in place. NO clumping of interior fill or lumpiness for your pet, just a consistent comfy mattress and sides. High walls keep your pet feeling safe. Keeps wind away when outside.
- EASY CARE: Exterior of bed and reverse of cushion can be wiped off. The beds are front-loading Machine Washer and Tumble Dryer safe. Wash just the pillow or the whole bed. To wash, turn the bed inside out so that water can access the Inner material. Once washed, shake the materials and then only dry our beds in a Dryer. Our Beds are stored for some time in vacuum sealed packaging before you receive them. Fluff the sides and pillows prior to first use. We tested Leak protection. Ask us how.
- Our Beds are an investment and last for years under normal usage. Our products are NOT GUARANTEED against pet damage. If you have any questions, please contact us first. We reply within 0 to 8 hours. PLEASE NOTE: ALL of our reviews are genuine. We do not solicit reviews by offering free or highly discounted product. We donate a portion of our sales and product to pet charities. Thanks and All the BEST from Loving Care Pet Products!
The Ultra Supreme Dog Beds, are one of the best heated dog beds if your ultimate purpose is to pamper your beloved canine.
The Loving Care Ultra Supreme Dog Bed comes in five different sizes making it a suitable bed for almost any breed of dog you might own.
Great Design and Aesthetics
The Loving Care Ultra Supreme looks amazing on top of being functional.
The black and brown coloring in its design is deep and rich, well-fitting to almost all home décor.
It is also durable in construction and is resistant to almost any kind of stain or accidental spill your dog will throw at it, be it water, urine or oils.
Moreover, the thick plush pads of the bed are removable and reversible, making it easier to clean and a bit cooler during the warmer months.
If you are looking to pamper your dog with the best puppy or dog beds around, then the Loving Care Ultra Supreme Heated Bed might just be the best option for you.
And thanks to its high-quality durable construction, as well as resistance to stains and fluids, your investment will last for years and years, with your canine enjoying an amazingly soft and cozy bed to lay their head.
Why you need a heated dog bed
Heated dog beds are exceptionally popular and widely owned and used. They provide gentle heat, and comfort to fight off cool, chilly and cold weather and help to keep your dog happy.
Having a dog bed, particularly one with heated bed features can provide even more benefits to your beloved canines.
Arthritis, for example, a common health problem, especially in elder or senior dogs, can be alleviated by having a heated dog bed helping soothe your canine’s stiff joints and relax its muscles for sound sleep.
Electric Heated Dog Beds
Likewise, electric heating beds will also promote blood circulation and helps improve flexibility.
Additionally, heated dog beds, provide extra protection, a stronger sense of security, and the right amount of heat that your smaller canines needs, while altogether providing therapeutic welfare to newborn puppies and injured dogs.
Heating Element & Safety
There are two methods beds use to stay heated and keep your dog warm – one is electric (using an electric heating element), and once is self-warming, where your doggy uses their own body heat.
Dog beds with an electrical heating element must be plugged into an outlet to warm up the bed. Self-warming dog beds are controlled by natural thermostatic heat and use your dog’s own body heat to warm the bed up.
Which version of a heating element you use is a matter of personal choice.
Some dog parents just do not like the idea of their dog sleeping on an electric bed with a heating element (and prefer the safety of their pup using their own body heat to keep your dog warm) – however, it’s worth noting that all beds reviewed below are accepted as quite safe.
Still, if your dog has a bad habit of digging or chewing his dog bed, you may want to avoid electric-based heating dog beds and let your K9 use their own body heat!
What to look for in the best heated dog bed?
For something that is widely held as a novelty item, there are a wide array of features that can make a heated dog bed better or worse for your canine.
It is of vital importance to keep in mind all of these considerations when making your purchase.
The best approach would be beginning by asking yourself a couple of simple questions so as to accurately pinpoint what you need and choose the correct heated dog bed for your canine.
The size of your dog? Small or Large in Size?
The first consideration in purchasing the perfect heated dog bed for your furry companion is your dog’s size. Find a bed that is the right size for your canine friend and that which they can perfectly fit into.
The right bed size will do a lot of good to your furry friend (choosing a small or large size bed to match your breed) and prove to be a worthwhile investment. Some beds are available in a range of sizes, ranging from small to large.
Do you need it for indoor or outdoor use?
Another consideration in choosing the correct heated dog bed for your furry friend is whether you need it for indoor or outdoor use.
It is important to keep this in mind since some heated beds are designed to be able to withstand outdoor use while others are for strictly indoors.
What does your dog like?
When buying a heated dog bed, your dog’s comfort is the most significant consideration after size.
Heated dog beds can come in a variety of configurations, so it is important to figure out what your dog prefers.
Do they like sleeping in a regular “pad” type of bed?
Prefer sleeping with a cover over their heads? Or do they curl up in one with sides? The right choice might just be the life-changing decision to your dog’s comfort.
Is it washable?
Owing to that, electricity and water don’t mix well and that dog beds tend to get quite nasty after heavy use, washable dog beds are particularly an attractive consideration.
You will want one that is either generally washable or that which you can remove the electronics and clean it. This is especially important when it comes to indoor beds.
Quality of Materials
Whenever you purchase something, you want to ensure that the quality of the item is the very best that you can afford.
However, with a heated dog bed (especially an electric one), it’s vitally important because beds made with bad heating materials can become unusable fairly quickly and even a fire hazard!
Our list has ensured each and every entry is a quality one. A quality bed will mean that the materials that have been used are up to the task, both durable and able to withstand the heat and activity of your canine.
You may also consider a bed that has a non-slip grip at the bottom. This will help to mimise and prevent the bed (and your dog!) from sliding everywhere!
You might like to move your dog round, if this is the case, portability and the ability to move the bed around will be important. Also, whether your dog is small or large will come into play.
Also, if you travel a lot with your K9, an easy to move bed and fits flat into a crate should also be considered. Flat pad beds are more likely to provide self warming elements – means you won’t have to search for an electrical outlet!
THIS CONCLUDES OUR BEST HEATED DOG BEDS ROUNDUP!
Heated dog beds provide the warmth and comfort to fight off cold nights and chilly seasons. Making the leap to purchase either a thermal dog bed or a self-heating one for your furry companion will be a treasure that your dog will absolutely fall in love with.
You will know you have made just the right and informed purchase when your beloved canine spends as much time in his bed as you wish you could in yours, altogether making both of you happy and contended.
So, whether it’s planning for cold weather, arthritic joints, or just to keep your family’s newest furry addition nice and warm or to help your K9 buddy sleep a little bit better, you are sure to find your hearts appeal in the delighting and exciting world of heated dog beds.
Please feel free to leave comments below, let us know how we can improve this guide or any of our guides. Do we have heated dog beds missing? Let us know your thoughts!
Last update on 2020-09-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API